Longa storia - corta - u mo telefunu hè rottu. U franchettu, cù assicuranza, was $50 and a new GPS-enabled phone was $30. Lesson learned – I'll never get phone insurance again.
Anyways, I was excited to get a GPS-enabled phone. Notice I said, ‘enabled'. In true Verizon Wireless fashion, that means you have to pay for anything and everything. It winds up the GPS package, called VZ Navigator is $9.99 per month for a subscription. I'm a SIG noce cusì aghju avutu à pruvà lu.
It appears (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), this allows me to do a couple things:
- Fighjate induve Sò nantu à una carta in ligna chì solu eiu aghju accessu finu à quandu mi permessu. (huh?) Verificate una screenshot quì sottu ... Aghju capitu chì eru in casa!
- Fighjate induve Sò à nantu à una carta nantu à u mo telefunu.
- Mandate un altru telefunu a mo situazione per mezu di messagiu di testu (i costi di messagiu di testu si applicanu) ma solu sì sò ancu cù Verizon.
- Scaricate e indicazioni da u mo telefunu (micca from the VZ Navigator website). It's so much easier on that teeny, weeny screen.
- Circate roba vicina cù a carta à u telefunu (cusì Verizon pò uttene qualchì redditu publicitariu per stu serviziu pagatu suppone).
So… if I died in a fiery car crash out in a corn field somewhere by myself, 9-1-1 could find me. Or perhaps if I'm somehow targeted by the government, they could find me. But my kids? Nope. They can't find me because I can't publish my location anywhere automatically outside of Verizon's VZ Navigator service.
Verizon… anyone at Verizon… if you're reading this… why don't you simply open this up for public consumption?! If I want my location public, I should be able to post it in public. Even better, I should be able to develop an application that uses it. Grow up! By closing the technology, I'm not going to magically try to talk all my friends into going with Verizon so we can send map locations to each other. C'mon!
Un'altra delusione di parechji da u mo fornitore di servizii. Quandu ampareraghju?
Ancu di grazia per a suoneria AC / DC, altrimenti sarei totalmente delusu.